Thursday, December 18, 2008

Five minutes I won't get back

I ordered a pizza at Papa Johns. The guy told me it would be ready in 15 minutes. I show up in prompt fashion, because I have somewhere to take that pizza. 15 minutes, perfect! That is will work for my schedule perfectly! Well, turns out the Pizza Hero doesn't have my pizza ready when I show up. "Five minutes, boss, five minutes" he says. Five minutes quickly turns into twelve. As I waited, I see I wasn't Pizza Hero's only victim, as four other customers show up, only to hear the promissory "five minutes...five minutes." Well, there goes five minutes...MY five minutes. To be spent doing as I please (like writing this blog). Now, that time is gone, replaced forever by Pizza Hero's voice, falsely ensuring I will be in possession of my pizza pie if I will only wait another "five minutes".

See some pics of the experience below:

The Pizza Hero disappearing behind the counter to whip up another batch of excuses.

Some other "satisfied" customers...

The Pizza Hero and accomplice, busy creating nothing out of nothing

Me, appearing sorely disappointed.

3 comments:

Miss Molly said...

Honestly, I hate Papa John's. And not even for this reason. Next time you value your time though, hit Little Caesar's. It's already ready and waiting for you there, hence "Hot & Ready." So what if the pepperonis are thinner than loose leaf paper!

Cameron Akrami said...

I really prefer Papa Johns... prepared with really fresh ingredients, hand-thrown crust, etc. I even worked at Papa Johns for a couple months and was impressed with the pizza. That being said, this place was a train-wreck. And I only do the Little Caesar's thing when I'm buying in bulk for OTHER people!!! The whole thing is paper-thin pepperoni on cardboard with melted glue for cheese.

Unknown said...

He called you "boss"? Does he think pizza is a staple for a low carb diet????
Also, you're a champion blogger, Cam-ron. You add a little bit of flare that keeps me asking for more.