Tuesday, June 9, 2009

4am and I'm up?


(Jack Bauer, busy working to protect American lives!... through competent healthcare; one nurse at a time)

Well, we had a key part of our office staff decide that she wanted to make an industry change, and Friday was her last day. Awesome woman who knew what she was doing, but didn't want the daily stress of putting a puzzle together with people's livelihood. Each day is kinda like an episode of "24", where we have a count-down to some big event, there are unfortunate monetary casualties along the way, and in the end, you hope the good outweighed the bad. The only thing is, this takes place twice a day, seven days a week. With her leaving, there is now a void in the office which myself and another great gal, Jasmin, are going to have to step up. This is a pivotal time in our business, and it'll be interesting to see where God leads us.

This brings me to why I'm up and blogging at 5am. We have to call our clients between 3:50 and 5:00am to schedule our staff for the morning shift, and with Julia gone, I've taken the 3-4 days per week she originally had. This means being available by phone on the days that I have it, juggling normal life around the calls, waking up early, all against a time crunch, as well as trying to edge out the competition. It's not as bad as it sounds, in fact, I'm a lot like "24's"Jack Bauer when I think about it...though to make that stretch, I have to think pretty hard.

No comments: