Monday, January 12, 2009

One in a Trillion... and then some


With all the pain and discontent in our country and world today, I can't help but feel I live in a bubble... insulated from it all. Each morning before I wake, I am oblivious to the cares of the world, yet my foggy eyes are able to make out the form of an angel hovering near my bed. The angel leans over and gently kisses my lips and wishes me a great day, with Gods' blessing. With that, the apparition disappears! I awake to the sound of my alarm, wondering what spirit has visited me to change the course of my day with a simple act of warmth.

I go about my day, each day, enduring the inherent frenetic pace and struggles. I pull into my parking space and notice the light is on in my apartment, I detect movement! I quickly ascend the stairs and burst through the door to see, not an evildoer, but my beautiful angel, dazzling in real life in a way the morning fog will never show, as though all of God's glory was shining through her at that very moment! The very sight of her makes my heart grow warm, the tension of the day flees my body. I am HOME.

I cannot express the wonder I feel when I think for just a moment about my rare fortune. My Michelle embodies so many qualities which run counter to the "popular" edition being peddled, and yet, it's those very traits which draw my heart to hers. With the culture celebrating housewives in desperation and girls gossiping, my bride stands worlds apart from those facades.

I am blown away at the extent my wife goes to make our house a home; to make me feel loved, cherished, respected, honored, admired. So many times, she does this in spite of my behavior or attitude, slaying me with her gentleness. There is no such thing as a perfect wife... all people fall short. BUT, there is such as a thing as a rare wife. A wife so rare that she makes a diamond look as rare as beach sand. A wife so unattainable, she makes a Picasso look like a flyer stuck under your windshield wiper. A woman so out of this world that she gives THIS MAN pause.

I have found the bride of my youth, and am the luckiest man in the world to have the honor of calling you my wife. Michelle, I love you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang...I wish Michelle was MY wife...

At least I got the male version, gangsta style =D